Making your and your family's real estate experience as stress free as possible and even having fun in the process is my goal. I have 30+ years experience in the real estate industry in the Kansas City metro area and am a 6th generation Clay Countian and this gives me the depth of knowledge to help you reach your goals whether you are buying or selling.
- *Licensed Broker in Kansas and Missouri
- *Member of the National Association of Realtors since 1980
- *Owner of ERA Threshold since the 1990s
- *Broker Associate since 2007 (currently with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Kansas City Homes, formerly known as Prudential Kansas City Realty; previously with Prudential Carter-Duffey)
- *Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- *Certified Real Estate Specialist (CRES)
- *Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI)
- *Relocation Specialist, and Special Asset Management (SAM)
- As a real estate agent, I believe it’s important to be engaged in my community and to know what's going on around me. Over the years, I have discovered numerous opportunities for involvement and service to my community, which include:
- *Chairperson of the Liberty Economic Development Corporation
- *Member of Alexander Doniphan DAR Chapter
- *Member and past president of the Liberty Area Chamber of Commerce
- *Active member of Soroptimist International, an organization for professional and business women
- *Volunteer for Northland Early Education Center (NEEC), a preschool for children with special needs and typically developing children in an inclusive atomosphere. In 2010, the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors awarded me with the Outstanding Community Service Award. This award allowed me to donate $1000 to NEEC. (I have a granddaughter with Down Syndrome . . . this contributes to my inspiration for working with this foundation.)
- My husband and I love to travel when time allows, with Maui being one of our favorite spots. We also enjoy time at home with family, cooking together, reading and hiking. Yoga is my favorite form of exercise and I try to practice every day. I also enjoy swimming for fun at home and laps for exercise at William Jewell’s pool.
- My interests also include real estate. I'm fortunate to love what I do for a living and the people I get to know.
- I attended Liberty Public Schools and went on to complete a degree in elementary education at William Jewell College. I also obtained a master’s degree in reading education from UMKC.
Before real estate, I was an elementary education teacher as well as a stay at home mom. I feel that both of these positions were helpful in my career as a real estate agent. Through acquired communication skills, patience, and diligence, I'm capable of assisting my clients and friend.
I am married to Dobbe Dobberstine, owner of Dobberstine Custom Homes Inc., a residential homebuilder in Clay and Platte Counties. My son, Jim Clevenger, is the owner of Klicks Running & Walking Shoes in Bellingham, Washington. Daughter, Jill Bartlett, is the Exective Director of Northland Early Education Center, located in Kansas City North. I'm also a proud 'Grammy' to four wonderful grandchildren.
My close-knit family includes 5 siblings: Lee Capps, retired Director of Personnel for the state of Missouri. Bob Capps, Branch Manager of Union National Mortgage Co in Kansas City. George Capps, co-owner of Hawkege Claims in Des Moines, IA. Tom Capps, attorney and Municipal Judge in Liberty, MO. And my sister, Martha Capps is an account exec. with Hanley Wood Advertising Agency in Minneapolis, MN.